RSPCA West Dorset Branch
Registered Charity 248616
How to Adopt an Animal
1. Visit the animals at Taylor's Animal Rehoming Centre, Kingston Maurward, Dorchester (in the grounds of Kingston Maurward College) Click here for location details.
2. Select an animal
3. You will be interviewed to see if the animal you would like to adopt is suitable for your circumstances
4. You will them complete a pre-homecheck form, and the animal will be reserved pending a homecheck
5. An RSPCA homechecker will visit you in your home. If you live in rented accommodation we will need a letter of consent from you landlord.
6. If the homecheck is OK, you will be contacted to arrange collection of the animal
7. You may then collect the animal from the Centre or fosterer. You will pay the adoption fee (see below) and receive paperwork and details of the animal
8. After twelve weeks an RSPCA Homechecker will carry out a post home-check
Our Current adoption fees (from 1 January 2016) are:-
Ferrets (un neutered) £15
Ferrets (neutered) £25
Rabbits (neutered) £40
Rabbits (un neutered) £10
Guinea pigs (neutered) £25
Guinea pigs (un neutered) £15
Gerbils & jJrds £5
Captive birds £5
(*All cats are neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, flea treated and wormed)
(**Ferrets are rehomed as pets, most definitely NOT for rabbiting!! Hob ferrets are castrated.)
(***All birds are rehomed to aviaries only)
The cat / kitten adoption fee includes one year's free membership of the "Friends of Taylor's Animal Rehoming Centre"
Please note that we do not rehome normal healthy cats to 'indoor' homes but do sometimes have special cats who need indoor homes.
As well as increasing the penalties for those who inflict the most serious offences, the Animal Welfare Act makes it a legal requirement for pet owners to do what is reasonable to provide for their animal's needs. These are:
a proper diet (food and water)
The below is a general guide as to the hutch and cage sizes we require.
Click on the sleepy cat to Email us!